Click the animation below to learn more.
Wellness Chiropractic, today, is what was once, just Chiropractic. Wellness Chiropractors are concerned with the relationship between the structure
(primarily the spine) and function (coordinated by the nervous
system) of your body and how that relationship affects your overall health and well-being.
In the late 1800's, Daniel David (D.D.) Palmer, who founded Palmer College of Chiropractic, researched this relationship. His hypotheses and subsequent discoveries laid the groundwork for modern "wellness" chiropractic practice.
although generally a good indicator that something within the body
needs immediate attending to, is not the best method for judging what
condition or state of health our body is in. Sometimes we can become 'acclimated' to our
body's state and what ordinarily would be considered 'pain' or 'abnormal' is what we
regard as a normal part of our daily life a mild discomfort that's to
be endured because...we've had it for a while! It has become
something that you just accept.
Have you ever heard someone say "Oh, I'm just having another one of my normal headaches" or "It's just my usual indigestion"? Pain and discomfort tell us something is wrong, but they also tells us something has been wrong for a long length of time, and that there was likely dysfunction well before there was discomfort.
Only 10% of our entire nervous system is responsible for adapting and dealing with PAIN (SENSORY FUNCTION). The remaining 90% of our nerves deal equally with our MOTOR function (muscle and joint movement) and our AUTONOMIC function (the function of our organs, tissues, glands and blood). So you could have dysfunction in 90% of your nerves, before you even experience pain! As we often ask people, do you know how your kidneys are functioning today?
A lack of pain, then, is not a good signpost to the condition your spine, nervous system and body is in. To use an
example most of us are familiar with you brush and floss your teeth daily in order to prevent dental cavities and decay. However, in most cases, until you go in to have your dental check-up and they take a closer look at your teeth, and possibly poke their dental tools into areas of concern, you rarely know until they tell you, that you even had a cavity! But we all know, it took time and wear and tear, for that cavity to form, and it did not form right when the dentist pointed it out. It is about FUNCTION rather than FEELING. If left alone, that cavity infested tooth would eventually cause pain, and of course, lose it's function.
The only way to establish if your spine is 'where it should be' in relation to the rest of your body is to ask someone trained and experienced in the art of chiropractic to check you over for spinal misalignments (SUBLUXATIONS)...in the same way as you do your car if it's good enough for a collection of metal, plastic and glass it is surely good enough for a column of bones that house your nervous system, especially when its the only nervous system you possess.
Quality of life is important to us all; only by having a spine that's functioning properly can we enjoy a full and optimal life. This entails getting someone who knows to give regular chiropractic care checks to establish your true state of wellness.
Be sure to tell family, friends, coworkers and acquaintances about the information available on our site. We enjoy assisting others in their health care needs and always strive towards excellence.
Thank you for stopping by and enjoy!
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease." - attributed to Thomas Edison.